2017

2017

Monday, May 21, 2012

Macy - 2.5


I keep catching myself telling people when they ask how old Macy is, "She just turned 2 in November" and then I think, "November was actually a while ago....in fact, she's now closer to 3 than 2!?!?"  Josh was laughing about it the other day; like I'm in denial about her getting older.  Guess I should probably break down and start saying 2.5!

Still the greatest Mommy Piglet could have ever asked for!!  Her favorite thing to do is change his diaper and put his pajamas on and off.

Wearing Mommy's shoes and hamming it up;-)



Last Tuesday was the last day of school.  Macy is really going to miss it...she absolutely loved it this past year!  Getting ready for her "field day" ;-)


When I picked her up.... (one pigtail up, one down!) and she was so excited about her new "bucket"
 



Cupcake from a friend's birthday party!

Ready for church one Sunday morning.  Daddy was on a prison trip this day and after I got her dressed she said, "Daddy needs to come home and look at me!"  Guess she thought she looked pretty good;-)

Her buddy and favorite sidekick, Logan.  They really do look out for each other!

Miss Hollywood

I found this owl nap mat on Etsy and I just couldn't resist.  When it came, Macy went crazy over it!  She calls it an "open bed...just like Scarlett and Logan and..."  Yes, she's still in her crib!!


Fixing Great-Nana's hair on Mother's Day.  She has such a sweet and gentle way with Great-Nana.  And she LOVES going to her apartment.



At a stop light and when I looked back I just couldn't resist snapping a quick picture...She is so precious to me!

Academy is one of her favorite stores!

Macy girl, you continue to surprise us with how sharp and observant you are!  We are especially amazed with how well you do with directions and locations.  You know where places we frequent often are located and will identify places as we are driving down the road (There's Dr. Barret's,  the park is that way, there's Academy, there's Chick-fil-A right beside McDonalds, the bagel place, Jason's, the gym, Mallory's school, etc...)  You love singing and we always crack up at "Tinkle Tinkle little star!"  You also like Zacchaeus, but you're all time favorite right now is "Happy and you know it".  You like for us to make up new things each time: if you're happy and you know it, give Eden a hug!  Sleeping Beauty is your favorite princess right now.  I'm really surprised, but you haven't shown a whole lot of interest in baby dolls.  You love to mother, but you prefer taking care of your stuffed animals!  Piglet being the "favorite" of course, then there's Nemo, Tigger, Goofy, Minnie, Pooh and you claim Eden's Roo quite a bit.  You say the word "vitamin" just like "bottom" and it used to take me forever to figure out what you were asking for!  "Have i had my bottom today, Mommy??"  "Can I have an orange bottom today??"  You are extremely methodical in the way you do things and I can see the conflict you experience when Mommy and Daddy intervene and prevent you from finishing something you've started or thwarting your plans (for safety reasons of course!)  We are realizing that you are starting to develop some fears, especially about some of the movies you used to enjoy.  We tried Nemo the other day and it had been several months since you watched it.  I always fastforward past the beginning with the Mommy and the shark, but it still bothered you and you asked me to turn it off.  Daddy also tried to have a movie night with you last week and rented "Tangled".  We thought you would love it, but Daddy said you just couldn't get past the mean lady posing as Rapunzel's mom and you wouldn't watch.  You've never seen Bambi, but they were showing previews on Disney one day and just from seeing the preview you asked "What happened to the Mommy??"  You are pretty intuitive and picked up on the fact that something went wrong.  Macy girl, you are so unique and precious to us!!  You say the funniest things (just this morning you called Piglet "Piglet Grace!" because he was in trouble.  I asked if Grace was his middle name and you said yes.  I wonder where that came from...(cousin Scarlett;-)

I'm still holding on to 2 even though you may be closer to 3.  Slow down baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment