2017

2017

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Macy Update


Macy is just a few short months away from turning THREE!  I just thought two was hard on this Momma!?!  Not sure what I think about three...

Macy continues to catch on to things quickly and is super observant.  She is that child who you think may not be listening but will repeat parts of the conversation you were having with another adult back to you later.  For example, the other day I was talking with my mom about a birthday present idea I have for her.  Macy was busy playing on the other side of the room.  Later that night we were in the car and Macy said "We need to go back to Grammy's and look on her 'puter (that's how she says computer) to pick out my ____________" and she said the toy I had mentioned earlier.  Little stinker!  Guess she won't be surprised by that one...

We are going through a devotional book with her at night and I am continually blown away at how easily she memorizes Scripture (possibly faster than Mommy!?!) There is nothing sweeter than hearing the Word flow out of your child's mouth.  And it has been so neat referring back to those verses during the day as situations arise.  She memorized "A gentle answer turns away wrath" and I can't tell you how many times we've repeated that verse during the day!  (For both of us!)  She is still big on music and will ask Mommy and Daddy to make up a song for each of the verses she learns.  Sometimes a much more talented Christian artist has done this for us (Like "Let Everything that, everything that, everything that has breath praise the Lord!" which is one of her favorites)  But other times we stumble around and attempt to do it ourselves!  She loves this...

Macy is really enjoying playing with little sister now and I love how they will occupy themselves for long periods of time playing together in Macy's room.  There was definitely a season when Macy was not trust-worthy to be left alone with Eden, but we've turned a corner on that for sure.  She loves having a play partner (or partner in crime on some occasions!) and they genuinely enjoy time together.  Unfortunately though, as much as Eden loves her Roo she has also attached herself to Macy's Piglet.  We have worked with Macy on how to deal with this and at times she does great ("Eden, may I have my Piglet back please??")  And other times she tackles her, takes Piglet, and sprints off...

She is becoming a little bossy and seems to always have a plan she wants others to follow.  However, she handles it well when they don't cooperate and moves on to something else.  I love how excited she gets about playing with friends...

We are really into puzzles right now and you should see the look of accomplishment on her face when she finishes one!  She also loves playing "I Spy" but she may not have all the technicalities figured out yet.  For example, she typically says "I spy something pink (always starts with pink)......it's my shirt!"

She tells everyone we live in a "duplex" now and will say "Want to come over to my duplex?"  She also says everytime she cannot find something, "It must be at storage."  We rented a storage building so she just assumes that anything missing must be there.  Sometimes she will say, "Take me to storage Mommy. I can't find______".

She loves TCBY and when asked what she wants for dinner she will say "Smashburger or Subway.....then TCBY".

We listen to a Wee Sing praise CD in the car and she has memorized every song.  LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing that sweet voice singing in the backseat...

Macy's a good mix of rough and tumble and pretty, pretty princess!  I love that she loves girly things (like painting nails, wearing skirts and dresses, rocking "babies" and wearing lip gloss) but I'm also glad she can hold her own!  This girl is TOUGH!

One of her favorite foods right now is salad.  She will eat lettuce like it's going out of style!  She will also ask for more Ranch if it gets a little dry:-)

When distinguishing between the Nana's in her life she says "Great-nana or Papa's Nana??"

There are times after we've already laid her down at night that I want to go back in her room and just hug her and hold her again.  She is so precious to me and I love everything about her dynamic little personality.  Josh will tell you one thing he's learned about raising girls is that no two days are the same!  Sometimes we just wake up in a completely different mood than the day before:-)  But we wouldn't change a thing about our strong-spirited almost three year old.  What a blessing she is!!!

One battle we are fighting right now is her desire to dress herself! This day she went with her socks pulled up and sneakers...




So proud of her church picture...

"If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it!"

We were going to travel with Josh to a meeting and spend one night, so I was packing our suitcase up.  I asked Macy to put her pillow and blanket on top of the suitcase and when I came back into the room, this is what I saw...
 A few toys and every stuffed animal she owns overflowing!

Reading in the car...





Wrestling with Daddy...




Her "make-up container" she picked out from the $1 section at Target.

Love you spunky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment