2017

2017

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Three Months


Lucy Lavelle, another month has snuck by and we are blown away that you've been with us for 3 months now!  You are a sweet, sweet baby and we are so thankful for your life and health.

Lucy's around 10 pounds and still in size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes.  She's my itty bitty and I can't get enough snuggles!

She seems to already be aware that she's the baby of the family and loves being around noise as well as being held.  She definitely doesn't get held all day being #4, but I can tell she's a cuddle baby :)  I try to as much as I can!

She sleeps best in her swing or rock-n-play, just like Kate did.  We will transition to the bed for naps at some point, but it's just been easier to pop her in the swing while I'm doing school with the big girls or fixing dinner.

We've gotten the bumbo down and she enjoys sitting in it for short periods of time.  Still mastering that whole head control thing.

She's a Mams girl when it comes to paci's and she's been my most difficult transitioning to bottles.  She doesn't have to take one very often, I just want to make sure that she will!  We've tried several different brands and ended up just doing the Mams bottles since she likes the paci's.  It's the only one we've found she will even somewhat take.

Around the 10-11 week mark, she began sleeping through the night.  She had experienced some rough nights with what appeared to be tummy trouble, so she actually surprised us when it all of a sudden clicked and we all began sleeping.  Since that point, she has not turned back!  I'm holding my breath though because after Eden had slept through the night for over a month, she developed silent reflux and quit sleeping!  Lucy is also not a spitter like Eden.  But so far, she has really been a content baby with the occasional fussy spells that don't seem to last longer than a few minutes.

One of my favorite things about this age is the smiling and cooing!  She just lights up when we talk to her and she still has that one dimple that is precious :)  Especially when it's Mommy, Daddy or the big girls, she will smile all over herself and try to "talk" to us back.  I can't get enough of it.  We also sing the "I Love Lucy" song to her and she seems to really enjoy this :)

She will also giggle when we are changing her clothes like she's got a tickle spot.

Most comments we get lately are that she looks like Mommy although we still see a lot of Kate in her (who just so happens to look just like Daddy right now!)  So we will see.  Her hair and complexion still seems to be darker than the other girls.

LL, we are just enjoying you so much.  You just have such a sweetness about you and you're so "go-with-the-flow" which is nice since you are shuttled around a lot.  You still love your carseat and sleep great in it which is a huge blessing.  We haven't done the nursery yet and I'm enjoying snuggling you during big church.  You do so good!  You typically sleep during Sunday School then I feed you before church.  You're awake for a bit then drift off to sleep.  We can't wait to see your personality develop and how you interact with sisters.  They all adore you so much.  You have been such a precious addition to our family and I am LOVING having 4 girls.

I know I don't have to disclaim this anymore, because it's a given.  BUT, there's a lot of pictures :)  I just feel like she has a different expression in each one!


































Lucy on the left and Kate on the right

























































Kate took these






































No comments:

Post a Comment