2017

2017

Monday, November 13, 2017

8!


Not sure how it's possible, but my first-born is 8 years old!

I will always remember the toddler years as being tough with this one, but it has been such a joy and blessing to see her grow into this beautiful young lady!  She truly does have a heart for others and a sweet protective spirit with her sisters.  She senses when Mommy needs help and will usually go into big sister overtime mode.  She is trustworthy and responsible and I continue to love her strength and ability to push herself when she sets her eyes on something.  I also love how easily she can have conversations with others, especially adults.  She has always seemed older to me, mainly since being so verbal so early.

Macy was baptized in March and another really neat thing as a parent has been seeing fruit of the Holy Spirit in her heart.  There are times when she comes to me and confesses something and I can see obedience in her heart and a desire to be made right.  However, she is usually VERY private about these things and still doesn't really like to pray out loud, even though she says she prays often.  Sometimes her responses with me revert back to being sassy and disrespectful, but she usually recognizes this and will often times apologize for her attitude.  Even though this independent child can still be a struggle at times, Josh and I have both said what progress we have seen in her.

Macy girl, we are so proud of you.  You are thriving in school, learn quickly and (according to your teacher) eagerly volunteer to help others around you who may be struggling with their work.  Everytime I see that shirt "People keep mistaking my leadership skills for bossiness", I think of you!  You are most definitely a natural born leader.  And I do think you are learning how to present your ideas in a more receptive way ;)

Happy birthday, my big girl.  I love you something big.













This one thinks she should take a picture every time the big girls do ;)


Some randoms of Macy over the last few months:

She found a picture of a pool in an outdoor book she was looking through and left it on Josh's side of the bed with this note...



She attended a new christian's class back in the summer and in true Macy form she packed a bag to be prepared.  I liked how she included her witnessing A, B, C track she made from Bible School ;)

She's been watching Daddy



I sold these desks and I needed a little model to show the lady the size


Kate took this

This was back in the summer BEFORE the broken wrist















She so generously came and told me she wanted to take this money to church on Sunday for the offering.  I was so proud because Macy likes her stuff (especially money!) and has a hard time parting with it.  Then she told me she had just counted her coins and wanted it to be an even dollar and this was the extra...

I find selfies of her on my phone ALL the time 

Macy gave us these notes one day and the first one we opened was Josh's.  It was so sweet telling him one of the things she loves about him.  I thought, "I can't wait to read what she wrote to me!"
And then opened this...
😂 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment