2017

2017

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day


I have been especially sentimental lately.  Maybe because of how fast time seems to be going and how quickly my girls are changing and growing.  But I just find myself staring at them and trying so hard to freeze these moments and take it all in.  I am so blessed to be their Mama.  They are teaching me so much and at this point in my life, all I can hope for is to be more like Jesus so that they prosper.  

Psalm 1 has become a life verse for me: 
"Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers."

"Whatever they do prospers..."  When I think about the things I do during the day, a large majority of it involves them.  If I'm connected to the Lord with roots that run deep in relationship with Him, they will reap the benefits of the resulting fruit.  Only Jesus.  He is enough and only He can fill in the gaps I feel I'm leaving as their Mommy.  I want to do more, be more, cherish more.  But truly, they just need a Mommy that loves Jesus and points them to Him.  Help me Lord!

They have my heart!



The best Mama and Grammy.  I truly have the best.  She is a quiet servant and models so much of what I want to be as a mother!






That afternoon I couldn't help taking pictures...











Then we headed outside to play and eat leftover hamburgers...




Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment