2017

2017

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Girls

I know I just did a 5 month and 2 year update on the girls, but I just feel like they've grown so much in the last few weeks.  I'm also wanting to get caught up on my pictures:-)

Macy turned 2 and now all of sudden seems like she's actually 5!  She continues to learn new words daily and use them correctly.  We have the sweetest conversations and I love being able to communicate with her (even though it does make her seem older!)

Fun Macy-isms right now:

  • we were in Target the other day and I was trying to decide if I was going to buy something.  She looked at me and said, "It's only $2 Mommy."  I about died!  She's possibly heard Mommy tell Daddy that;-)
  • She will come running up to you and tell you something so important (that she wants you to repeat to make sure you got it) and she moves her mouth along with you as you repeat what she said.  It's very important that we understand EXACTLY what she's saying.
  • she says jammies instead of pajamas
  • calls Eden "Sugar Pie" now after hearing Mommy do it
  • will tell me when I'm getting dressed "You look so pretty Mommy" (we've always told her that and now she tells us!  Sometimes she even says it to Daddy:-)  What's great is I can be putting on a jogging suit and she'll say it.  Love that kid!
  • The big thing now is "by myself!"  We want to do everything by ourselves!  She really is good though about realizing she needs help with certain things and lets us do it.  She just wants to try it first:-)
  • Another new fun thing is taking all our clothes off when I put her down for a nap.  I'll check her in the video monitor to make sure she's asleep and I see this bare little bottom sticking up in the air and she's out.  Sometimes I catch her in time to redress her before she falls asleep:-)  
  • She used to get out her shopping cart and tell me she's going to store.  Now she says she's going to Chuck E. Cheese.
  • She can remember where she has put any toy or stuffed animal at any given moment.  This morning she asked me to get her puppy book.  When I asked her where it was, she said in her train.  Right where I found it.  She does this all day and I'm pretty sure she's got a better memory than Mommy!
She also has a much longer attention span and has rediscovered her love for coloring.  She will also sit and play with toys for longer periods of time instead of jumping from thing to thing.


One of her new favorite things is to lay down on the floor to color...

Using her own cart for the first time.  She actually did really well and stayed right with me without running over anything!  However, I got home with two jars of ground pepper that were not on the shopping list:-)


Logan came over to play one morning and he shares her love for laying on the floor and coloring :-)

I'll share more on Eden when she turns 6 months this month, but wanted to post a few pictures.
She continues to be such a sweet smiley baby...






A few sweet sister moments...


 

Playing with Daddy last night




And I realized that we are no longer in the pictures, so we tried to take one after our Christmas party last Friday night:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment