2017

2017

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Macy - 28 months


Oh my, Macy girl!  How quickly you are growing right in front of me!  I try to make mental notes all throughout the day of the funny things you do and say that make me laugh out loud.  Since I can't seem to remember anything lately, I've started a list in the Notes app on my phone each month so I don't forget one of those precious moments!  I guess I've been overly sentimental lately but my heart just breaks at how quickly you are growing.  I love it and hate it all at the same time!  It's so fun to watch you learn new things and see how your personality continues to be spunky, sassy, and extremely stubborn!  But at the same time I am watching you become independent and grown-up ("I do it myself, Mommy" I hear you say all the time).  You can even use the potty yourself now and can somewhat get dressed without assistance, at least the pants.  (sigh...)





Lately you've been wearing your Minnie backpack all the time!

After bath, right before bed




You continue to be attached to Piglet and pretty much every second of "playtime" is spent taking care of him like a baby.  You are convinced that if Eden has it, then Piglet needs it and have managed to sneak quite a few of Eden's things into your room.  You change his diapers, feed him, put him down for naps (sometimes up to 10 a day!), and most recently, try to dress him.  You were constantly pulling your clean clothes (or Eden's) out of the dresser for Piglet so I finally dug out these Preemie pajamas that you wore those first few weeks!  Piglet is no longer unclothed and you were super excited about this!





Macy: "Eden, why don't you get out of this so Piglet can sit there."

Just got some new shoes at Payless and proud of them...

Tried to go to Daddy's softball game last week but then the rain came!  We ran for the car and watched the rest of them game from there.  I could tell you were getting into something in the back and when I said your name, this is the face I got...


Showing me what she was doing.  Apparently Piglet had a dirty diaper and needed one of these bags!

I love profile shots!


Some other sweet moments:

  • in the car the other day you said out of nowhere, "Let's talk about God"
  • Daddy taught Sunday school a few months ago and read you the story about the tower of Babel, which is what he was teaching on.  This story has stuck with you!  We will catch you "reading" your Bible saying:  Big tower....God did not like it. 
  • Sing to Eden in the car "This Little Eden of Mine"
  • One night at dinner we had given you your plate, but Daddy and I were still in the kitchen fixing ours.  All of a sudden you bowed your head and prayed "God, thank you for this food.  Amen." and continued eating.
  • You recognize places and it blows my mind when you will look out your window and say "The park is that way" "There's Academy where they have the bicycles up high" "There's Dr. Barret's office" "That's the gym"....
  • pretty attached to bandaids right now
  • Told me the other day while I was drinking coffee: "I'm big, Mommy.  I can drink coffee now."
  • plays I Spy now and pretty much understands the concept of it
  • has memorized a few Bible verses that you can say without any help.  The first one you learned was "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."
  • will tell me if you see something you like in a book or on TV, "I gotta get one of those".  The other day you requested an Eeyore, Rabbit, Owl, Christopher Robbins, Tigger, Donald, Daisy, Minnie and Mickey (You already have a Pooh, Piglet, and Goofy)
Love you, MC!

No comments:

Post a Comment