2017

2017

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

THREE!






My baby is 3 years old today!?!  This time 3 years ago I was holding my "less than hour old" daughter.  What a precious memory that is and what a wonderful 3 years of life this has been with Macy-girl.

I mention it continually on here, but Macy is such a fireball with so much energy and personality.  Always on the go, she likes to have a plan and can be very creative in the way she plays.  She is extremely sharp and learns things quickly.  She even knows directions and can tell where we are going by the street we turn on to.  Sometimes she will start crying randomly in the car and when I ask her what's wrong, she says "I wanted to go to __________" and she knows we turned the other way.

In addition to her high energy, Macy has a very tender heart.  It's a neat quality that I enjoy seeing grow in her.  

She is still quite the mother and will repeat things I tell her to Eden.  It's pretty eye-opening to here my words coming out of her mouth as she attempts to mother Eden.  For example, "Don't grab off my plate, Eden.  You need to ask first."  Her stuffed animals - namely Mickey and Piglet - continue to be her "babies" and most of her play is spent taking care of them.  Eden's pacis disappear all the time and I'm sure if we cleaned out Macy's room we would find a handful of them.  She is always scavenging for baby-type items that she feels her babies need as well.

Mickey goes back and forth between potty-training, in diapers or in pull-ups...
In this picture he has on a pull-up, then a pair of panties, then a diaper (I was very impressed at how well she got the diaper on him!?!)
 
She loves coloring and stickers and it can keep her attention for a while.

I LOVE how excited she gets about things.  It can be something so simple like the $1 princess socks at the front of Target.  Or, a movie night at home with Mommy, Daddy and sister.  If you tell her something exciting that we are going to do after she gets up (from nap or in the morning) she has a really hard time going to sleep!  We've learned to let things be a surprise so she will be rested:)

She is starting to get a little sneaky!  She knows not to get out of her bed during nap time but a few weeks ago I kept finding small toys in her bed.  She assured me she never got up, so I wasn't sure if she was being truthful or not.  Then, one night I picked up her pillow and a toy came out.  She had been hiding things in her pillowcase!  Another night, I picked up her pillow and there were a stack of alphabet cards underneath.  So, we had to have that conversation... :)

She's also entering that inquisitive phase.  Everything is "why, why, why" and she typically doesn't accept the first answer you give her!

Her favorite show is still Word World and she's really into her letters.  She can recognize all letters (mainly upper-case) and she loves telling random people how she spells her name.  We even had an alphabet party for her last Saturday because she's so into it (pictures coming soon!)  She loves writing "M"'s and has recently been writing "C"'s.

 She came home from church one Sunday with this paper and we could tell she had tried to write her own name.

Ever since we flew to Disney World she loves chewing gum.  We use it as a treat and she just lights up when she gets some.  Then she proceeds to stick it out of her mouth to show everybody she sees.

I got my new phone about a month ago and it has Siri so I can talk to text or ask it to call someone.  Well, Macy was obviously paying attention because one day in the car she held her play phone up to her mouth and said "Call Mama Bear"!  (She's also really into Berenstain Bears books right now!)

We won't go for her 3 year well check until December when Eden goes for her 18 month so I'll update weight and height at that point.  She can still wear 2T but I've been buying 3T for growing room.  I still feel like her feet have quit growing and she can wear her 5's STILL!  I do buy 6's now because I'm sure she will need the extra room soon.  I cannot believe she's been potty-trained over a year!  She is doing so well.  I can't remember the last time she had an accident and I feel like I've been able to relax completely about it.  She tells me when she needs to and I don't bug her until she says something!  And I don't feel like I have to sprint to find a restroom when she does tell me!  She can make it.  Macy has just been my easier transitioner.  She never attached to a paci, potty-trained easy and transferred to an open bed without any issues.  Which means I have my hands full with Eden!!  :)

Sweet Macy Caroline, words will never express what a joy you are to us.  These blog posts help me feel like I'm capturing these memories for years down the road, but truth is you could never be summed up in a paragraph (or multiple paragraphs!)  You are too precious and we cannot wait to watch you continue to grow and change and learn.  We ask the Lord daily for you to make your heart His and to live a life that brings Him glory.  We can't IMAGINE what He has in store for you!

Mommy loves these toddler years so much and I wish I could freeze time!  I am especially enjoying watching the bond grow between you and sister.  That 19 month difference may have seemed crazy to some, but we are so thankful that's the way the Lord intended it for our family!  You girls enjoy each other so much.

Love you Pookie!  You'll always be my baby!



All your babies in a pile



Putting on a friend's pair of pajamas over your clothes...
Crazy girl!




New double stroller




New Doc McStuffins Dr. Kit



Within 5 minutes of walking in Cavendars...

New lap desk

New umbrella

She was so proud of her umbrella that I discovered about 15 pictures of it laying under the buggy on my phone...


No comments:

Post a Comment