2017

2017

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mommy/Daddy Getaway


On August 13th, Grammy came over early and Josh and I headed to Austin to spend two days together without our sweet little ones.  We typically try to do some kind of overnight trip during the summer since our anniversary is in June.  Josh had to be in Austin for work anyway, so I decided to tag along.  Grammy ambitiously took the girls to see Great-Nana, went to Discovery Science Place and even attempted Chuck E. Cheese.  I know the girls had a blast!

Josh and I were hoping to be in Austin by lunch but got stuck in some really awful traffic right outside Waco.  Apparently a truck caught fire and they completely shut down southbound traffic on I35.  We detoured and ended up not getting to his Austin (actually Pflugerville) office until around 1:30.  We drove through Chick-fil-A and ate at his office.  Then I headed to the Round Rock outlets and shopped all afternoon while Josh got some work done.  

Around 6:00, we checked into the hotel and changed to head to a Round Rock Express baseball game.



We had great seats and enjoyed being able to watch the game, eat ballpark food and just walk around together!

Wednesday morning, we slept in and Josh went into the office for a few hours.  I decided to stay at the hotel and take my time getting ready and drinking coffee.

Then we ate lunch at Pei Wei and headed back soon after.  I was ready to see my girls but always enjoy my time with just Josh.  It was much needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment