2017

2017

Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Favorites


It's been a while since I've done an update on the girls and I've been reminded lately of some of my favorite phrases they say and things they do...

Macy-Girl:

  • she says words like embarrass, ignore, concerned, and other words that sound too big for a just-turned 4 year old!  One day in the car, everyone got quiet at the same time and she said "AWKWARD!"  We just laughed and laughed
  • She loves collecting things: she will find anything outside; whether it's a leaf, feather, snail, rock or flower and add it to her "collection" (which is just a little plant stand we have in the garage)
  • She also enjoys collecting sticks in the backyard and making a pile for a pretend fire.  She yelled across the yard at Eden the other night and said "Eden, help me!  You're a great sticker-picker!"
  • Macy's obsessed right now with having a sleep-over even though we've told her it will be a little while before she's old enough to do that.  Well, her Sunday School teacher told me that she informed them about her sleepover coming up soon and that her mommy and daddy would be serving Whataburger for everyone :)
  • She is still crazy about anything Frozen and has already learned the soundtrack (Eden too!)
  • She's becoming quite the artist (A talent I think she's inherited from her Daddy).  She will sit at the kitchen table now and color, use stamps, or stickers for long periods of time.
  • This winter, she's been asking for hot chocolate all the time.
  • She continues to be a social butterfly and is drawn like a magnet to other children, especially girls, around us.  To the point that I have a difficult time getting her attention back.
  • She's still enjoying dance and is very excited about her sparkly pink costume that just came in for their recital.
  • Macy and I have had some interesting conversations about Sadie.  She continues to understand that she's in Heaven, but obviously still has some curiosity about her.  She asked me the other night why we keep Sadie's door closed and that she wanted it to be open.  She told me once again that she wanted to see what Sadie looked like and how small her head was.  (She's obsessed with baby's heads; she still talks about her cute Eden's head is.) I continue to hurt for Macy because I know how excited she was about her baby sister and how helpful she would have been with her.
My big girl!




Eden Joy:

  • One big accomplishment for Eden Joy within just the last week has been potty-training!  She continued to wake up in the morning with a dry diaper and I finally realized I was crazy for not starting since she's obviously capable of holding it for a while.  Sure enough, she's picked it up quickly and has been in panties since Wednesday.  She even naps in panties already.  We've had a few accidents, but for the most part, she's doing great.  I don't feel as stressed about her, like I was with Macy, because she can go much longer spans between trips to the potty.  She's also almost a year older than Macy was when I trained her!
  •  My absolute favorite thing Eden says right now is "Dance me, Daddy!" And trust me, Mommy is not sufficient.  She waits for Daddy to get home and bombards him!  It's the sweetest thing.
  • Eden is still our cuddly, snuggly baby!  She gives the greatest bear hugs and I could eat her up!
  • We are learning that she is super observant and remembers things well.  She saw Daddy getting ready to leave for work one morning and said "Daddy, that's Mr. Gary's shirt!" Mr. Gary is Josh's boss and we saw him wearing a work shirt several weeks prior.  She recognized it as being the same one Josh had on that day.
  • Macy never got into Sesame Street, but Eden loves Elmo!  She continued to identify him places even though we hardly ever watched it on TV.  Now, she requests it.
  • She also still loves Sound of Music and has learned the Frozen soundtrack like Macy.  It's hilarious to see her acting out her favorite scenes.
  • Anytime you ask her to do something, she says "SURE!"  It's the sweetest sounding "sure" I've ever heard!
  • She's also great about saying "Thank you" even if it's out of context.  We had a few episodes in Chick-fil-A the other day that included several trips to the bathroom for a consequence.  When we got back in the car I said, "Eden, you had a hard time in there" and she said "thank you."  But when she does use it the right way it's precious!
Can't believe my baby is approaching 3!?






No comments:

Post a Comment