2017

2017

Monday, January 13, 2014

San Diego


Josh and I visited beautiful San Diego last Wednesday - Saturday for his work and had a wonderful time.  There were 8 of us total, 2 other wives.  I was anxious about leaving the girls, but I knew the Lord would refresh me and that He did!

My dad kept the girls on Wednesday and dropped us off at the Tyler airport around 10:00.  Our flight was delayed an hour and we didn't fly out until almost noon.

I wanted to take plenty of pictures to show the girls!  This was on the flight from Tyler to Dallas.


We landed and booked it to our 1:20 flight to San Diego only to find it had been delayed as well.  After a gate and plane change, we finally flew out of Dallas around 3:00.









Approaching San Diego





I wanted to show the girls how they got the luggage off the plane...

Walking out of the airport
I've never been to California, but it was exactly what you would picture.  Palm Trees and houses perched on the side of hills.  It was beautiful.

We stayed at the Grand Del Mar resort and it was incredible.  We are pretty sure this was a once in a lifetime experience for us.

Walking into the lobby...



 View from Lobby terrace...

And this was our room...




Wednesday night we ate with everyone at one of the hotel's restaurants, Amaya.  Probably the best food I've ever had!

The next morning, I was able to get some good shots from our balcony.  Such a wonderful retreat to read, drink coffee and enjoy His creation.  The weather there was perfect, around 60 the whole time.





The guys were in a meeting all morning at the hotel...

I met the other wives for a late breakfast and then we reserved a hotel courtesy car to take us down the road to La Jolla around noon.  They had a really neat shopping area and we got some great pictures as well.  We also had lunch before heading back to the hotel around 3:30.

Walking towards the water...






There were seals everywhere and I got a great video of two of them talking to each other to show the girls...













Sunning on the rock...

Close-up of one of the baby seals...

The guys played golf at the hotel Thursday and Friday afternoon and Josh took some great pictures as well...
Fountain outside the front of the hotel.  He thought the girls would really like it because it looked like the one from the Sound of Music.

Our hotel in the distance








He took a picture of this swan for the girls...



Thursday evening we ate as a group at Flemings Steakhouse.

Friday morning, I met the wives at the hotel spa and got my hair cut.  Such a treat for me since I usually only go twice a year!

We had lunch by the pool then headed up to our rooms for the afternoon.

Friday evening, we ate at Pacific Coast Grill which was right on the water.




Saturday morning, we packed up and left the hotel around 6:30am.  Our flights going back were perfect.  No delays and we were back in Tyler around 3:45.
 
Home sweet home!




I was so ready to love on my girls!

The girls had so much fun with Pops and Grammy.  Chuck E. Cheese TWICE!, saw Frozen for the 3rd time, Discovery Science Place, visiting Great-Nana, and feeding Grammy's pets at school.  We were able to facetime with them often and I knew they were in great hands.  I will have to do a separate post with the pictures of them from Grammy.

I really anticipated this trip being difficult in some aspects.  When we first started talking about it, I was still pregnant with Sadie.  In fact, we planned on having her with us.  That was hard.  But, in anticipation of the trip and the time I knew I would have alone, I prayed He would use it to restore my soul and He was faithful.  He drew me near and once again, I was reminded of the hope I have in Him.

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful."
Hebrews 10:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment