2017

2017

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eden's Nursery and Macy-isms

I think Macy's nursery was set up just a few weeks after finding out we were having a girl (probably around 25 weeks!) Well, I just now completed my to-do list for sweet Eden! Thus goes the life of the 2nd child, I guess:-) At least it's finished!







Macy was starting to get attached to the rocking chair in her room; climbing in and out and putting baby dolls or stuffed animals in it. When we moved it to Eden's room we decided to get Macy a new little chair for her room.

Opening the box with Daddy

Trying it out for the first time

Reading in her room. We love the new chair!

Macy has been cracking me up lately with all her little Macy-isms. I've decided to list as many as I can so I don't forget this fun and VERBAL age!

  • Macy is very adamant when she wants Mommy and Daddy's attention. "Mommy....Mommy...MOMMY!" And if Mommy still has not answered, she begins saying "Amy....AAAAAMMMEEEEYYY" I'll say, "Macy, who's Amy?" And she says "Mommy." Josh taught her my name a while ago and it stuck!
  • She says all sorts of phrases now. Any time you ask her where something is she immediately says "I don't know" then begins looking for it. When she finds it she says "There it is!" One thing we do when we're walking to the parking lot is look for "Macy's car". As soon as she sees it she says "There it is!" She said her first real sentence a few weeks ago and it was clear as day: "Daddy, I want to read a book!" Yesterday when we were coloring together she said "Mommy color a princess. Macy color Pooh." She was coloring in her Winnie the Pooh book and I was using a Princess coloring book. I'm not even sure when she learned the word Princess!
  • When we are riding in the car together I am her personal MP3 player and she requests what songs she wants me to sing...
"Mommy....
-Ta-tales (veggietales): Broccoli, celery....
-Na-Na (Waves of Mercy): Nanananana
Bika Bika Bika (Every Breath I Take)
-Psalty: I'm a little praiser, I'm a Hallelujah raiser...
-Cat (Cat in the Hat): Here we go go go go on an adventure...
-Jesus Loves Me

  • She also likes to list her colors and animal sounds while we are in the car together. It's almost like she enjoys being "quizzed" on them:-)
  • She is so orderly in how she plays with her toys! She loves to line her toys and stuffed animals up. The other day I watched her line up her animals on the video monitor...


She was very strategic about it. She originally had Goofy between Pooh and Piglet and she moved him to the end because she knows that Pooh is supposed to go with Piglet. Then she made sure little Piglet was next to big Piglet. Olivia was a little more challenging and she stopped to think for a minute with her until finally deciding to put her next to the other "pigs".

She truly is a sponge right now and Josh and I find ourselves looking at each other all the time going "When did she learn that!?!"

She is getting very excited about Eden and I know she's going to be a great big sister. Only about 11 days (or sooner!)


1 comment:

  1. Love the nursery!! So cute. It's the same as Stephanie's nursery for Izzy. So precious. I also love Macy's chair. I think Hannah needs one :)

    ReplyDelete