2017

2017

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Projects

The countdown is definitely on and Eden is due in less than 4 weeks! I've been trying to check things off my to-do list and have finished most of my "projects"...

My sister-in-law received a really neat car seat cover when she had my nephew last fall. I thought the concept of it was brilliant - it buttons to the car seat handle so your blanket won't fall off in the wind and you can still get your hand around the handle. I found some online but they were pretty expensive, so I attempted to make one...

It's definitely not perfect but I think it will do the job!


I've been very excited about having two girls and I envision lots of matching outfits in their future:-) I've made a few pillowcase dresses to get them started...


I modge-podged her letters for her room and need to get them hung...

Made a few extra burp cloths with some scrap fabric...

Attempted a bow holder (took the picture from a distance because it's a little rough around the edges!)...

Her bumper pad straps were not long enough to tie around the corners of her bed, so our solution was to sew some black ribbon to the green straps. It should work until she gets old enough to rip the ribbons off!

Made a few basket liners...

And I decided I wanted to make their "Going Home" outfits (matching, of course) for the hospital. My mother-in-law monogrammed their names for me and I can't wait to see both girls in them!

I've been around a lot of newborns lately and I'm afraid Eden's dress is going to swallow her! You just forget how absolutely tiny they are! Hopefully we can make it work :-)

We have also been so blessed by baby showers for our sweet girl. My Sunday School girls are without a doubt the most loving, GENEROUS group of girls I've ever met! I am so thankful to experience motherhood with them. The Lord has truly blessed us with an amazing group of people to share life with. Here's a few pics from my shower...



I have also been blessed immensely by my MOPS table this past year! I love these ladies!! They were so sweet to shower Eden and I with diapers, wipes, outfits, burp cloths, blanket, and more (most of which was hand-made!)

I still don't feel like I can say I'm ready for her to come tonight, but I think we are getting there!

1 comment:

  1. Amy!! I'm so impressed. When on earth have you had time to complete all those projects?! All I did in my free time was sleep :) Can't believe Eden is almost here. When do we get to see pictures of her nursery?

    ReplyDelete