2017

2017

Friday, October 21, 2011

4 months and 23 months

Eden is 4 months old and had her well check this morning!

At 4 months, sweet girl, you are:

  • teeny tiny!  10 pounds 12 ounces - 4% (even smaller than Macy!)
  • 24 1/4 inches - 61%
  • in some 0-3 and some 3-6 clothes
  • in size 1 diapers
  • eating every 3 1/5 hours, 5 times a day (we just dropped a feeding)
  • taking last feeding at 9:30 and sleeping 10 - 7:30
  • having some tummy issues right now!  You've been pretty fussy and Dr. B thinks it could be reflux even though you never spit up.  We are starting cereal to see if that will help, but if not, we have a prescription to try.  I hate to see you hurting!  You get so stiff and arch your back and I can tell you're not comfortable.  It's not constant and seems to come in waves, but it's hard to console you when you get so upset.  Hopefully the cereal will help!
  • usually a very happy baby when your tummy's not bothering you.  You smile and giggle so much and it's easy to get you cackling.  You're so ticklish!
  • SPOILED ROTTEN!  You love being held and if I put you down and try to walk away, you turn that lip up and whimper!  If you're not being held, you prefer to have someone talking to you or entertaining you in some way:-)
  • rolling tummy to back (1st time on Sept. 28) but you've only done it a few times since then
Eden Joy, you may be my high-maintenance baby, but I wouldn't change a thing!  I love cuddling with you and I really love the fact that your eyes follow Mommy wherever I go.  As a mom, you can just sense certain things in your children.  With Macy, I could sense a strong spirit, yet tender heart pretty early on.  And I think I was right!  With you, baby girl, I sense such a sweetness about you and sensitivity.  It doesn't take much to hurt your feelings and you are so content when someone is giving you attention and holding you close.  I still think you favor sister, but I'm starting to notice some differences (I think y'all have different mouths!)  I love you so much and I'm thankful for such a precious, healthy, beautiful baby girl!










Macy-girl, you are less than a month away from 2!?!?

Some of my favorite "Macyisms" right now are:

  • "Mommy, I so excited!"
  • "Watch this!"
  • "Uh-oh.  Whoops-a-daisy!"
  • "hmmm-mmm" instead of saying "yes"
  • you say "mice" when you are trying to say "mine"
  • you've learned when I'm putting you down for your nap, if you say "know what, Mommy?" I'll stay in your room longer
  • loving girly things!  Just bought your own lipstick and loves for Mommy to paint your toes.
  • you're really mothering right now.  You take your animals and babies to the store and put them down for naps.
  • having the funniest phone conversations right now!  You will walk around with my phone on your shoulder saying "Hello....ok.....i just playing with my toys.....ok......see-u in -ittle bit....bye"
  • you say thank you without being prompted
  • very tender-hearted.  Hate to see other people crying or upset. 
Macy Caroline, you are smart as a whip, too smart for your own good at times!  You are still into everything and we are all ready for your birthday so we can get you some new entertainment!  You are really role playing right now and I overhear you telling Piglet to eat or change his diaper, etc. all the time.  You are still a wonderful big sister and have been so patient with Eden, even when she cries during Mickey Mouse Clubhouse;-)  I feel like you've grown up so much over the last month.  Slow down, sweet girl!!  We love you.




paint and stickers in your hair from school:-)

reading your Bible like Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment