2017

2017

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Slightly Ambitious!

Macy has been showing signs of being ready to potty-train for a while now.  This past week, she would even come tell me she wanted to sit on the potty and she's been going in the potty, especially before bath, for several weeks.  I went back and forth about really going full force into potty-training right now.  But, after some good advice from my mama, I decided to take advantage of the fact that she is showing interest and at least give it a try.  So, after I dropped her off at school yesterday, I headed to Target to get our necessary "supplies".  I also ran into two sweet moms at Target who had been through the potty-training phase and they both encouraged me not to miss the opportunity.

Last night, I wrapped it all and we let her open it.
Waiting for her present!


Sheer excitement over a potty seat!  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that it was a "Princess" potty seat:-)





Candy!!  Mini M&M's for a little motivation




She pulled out the panties and said "Clothes!"  We explained to her what they were.



Minnie Mouse!


Trying them on


Showing Eden

I really prayed last night that I would have no expectations for how this all went down, especially since she is so little.  I know that sometimes I expect a lot from her and I didn't want to go into this unrealistically.  If it didn't happen, I wanted to have the wisdom to pack it up and try again later.  But I must say, we had a pretty successful first day!  She wore training pants all day.  They are just like cotton panties but with a little extra lining which aids in accidents.  She woke up this morning, put them on, and immediately began going in the potty.  I was going to do the whole timer thing about every 15 minutes, but she ended up initiating it before I would even have the chance.  By 9:00 she had probably gone on the potty about 5 times!  We drank juice for breakfast and refilled our sippy cup while we played.  She continued to tell me when she wanted to sit on the potty, and she pretty much went every time.  A little after 9:00, we had a big success (!) which earned her extra M&M's:-)  Overall, she had two accidents and at 5:30, we put a pull-up on to go to church.  I didn't think the whole pull-up thing would work, and sure enough she had already wet it when we got there.  We went to eat with Nana and Papa after church and she went once in the bathroom there.  When we got home, she had another extra M&M's moment which was super exciting!!  She sat on the potty one more time before bed then went to sleep in her diaper.  I'm encouraged that she's at least understanding the concept and we will continue to work at it!  My big girl!  So proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo!!! Way more than successful than our first day! What a big girl. Keep up the good work, momma!

    ReplyDelete