2017

2017

Sunday, November 13, 2011

TWO!

The birthday girl at breakfast...


Ready for church
I decided (rather last minute!) that she should have something special to wear to church on her birthday and made this outfit yesterday...


Her party is not until Saturday, but we wanted her to have a present on her birthday.  We decided on this play house and knew she would love it.  We can envision her and sister sharing many moments here... :-)

Running to it

Checking it out!



She loved the phone!







The slide we gave her for Christmas last year made it's new home outside and out of our bedroom!



She loved it and was not too thrilled about coming in for her nap;-)  I'm sure it will be the first thing she mentions when she wakes up.

Macy Caroline, you can’t already be two years old!!  I don’t know why, but Mommy’s been more emotional about you turning two than when you turned one.  Maybe because you are definitely leaving that baby phase and starting to act so much older. 

It’s hard to sum up the joy that you bring to us.  You are so full of energy, so busy and SO stubborn!  You are determined to do things the way you think they should be done and sometimes it gets you into trouble:-)  We love your strong spirit and are praying for the Lord to give us wisdom to train it in a way that would be glorifying to Him. 

You have the most tender heart and are full of compassion.  If you hurt someone (whether purposefully by acting before thinking or accidentally) you start saying “I so sorry, I so sorry” over and over and hug that person.  You don’t like seeing someone upset.

Eden was up last night around 4:00 AM and while I fed her, my mind wandered to what we were doing this time two years ago.  My water had broken at 3:30 and we were getting ready to leave for the hospital.  I had been having contractions all night.  We checked in around 4:45 and started waiting!  Dr. L thought you would come late afternoon, so we sent our families to get lunch around 11:30.  Well, you decided you were ready and we quickly called them back in time for your arrival at 12:07.  I remember thinking (like any parent does!) how beautiful you were, from the very beginning!  I think I even asked Dr. L if he had ever delivered such a beautiful baby:-)  We were thrilled.  You laid on the warming table and locked eyes with your Daddy for about 2 minutes.  We both held you, studied you, thanked the Lord for you.  We couldn’t wait to show you off to your grandparents, aunts and uncles.  During your first bath, you started struggling a bit and choking.  It was typical “just been born” stuff, but this first time Mama panicked a bit!  I couldn’t stand to see you struggle.  You ended up having a procedure that night to help, but Mommy was shaken.  For the first several weeks, I got up and checked on you with every little sound, not wanting you to choke while I was asleep.  I eventually began to sleep, as did you, and you ended up being a very easy baby.  Independent from the beginning: just lay me down and let me be!

What a fast two years...

You melt my heart, baby girl.  I can’t believe you’re mine.  Mommy can’t ever get enough kisses, enough hugs and enough giggles and sweet conversations.  You are my little buddy and I love having you right by my side.

Mommy loves you so much.  Sometimes I pray over you when you sleep and tell the Lord how overwhelmed I am by this gift.  I understand the consequences of Eve’s sin now like never before.  Not just “pain in childbearing”, but a constant brokenness for my children: to know Him, to be healthy and safe, to be happy and secure.  To want the absolute best for my baby girl. 

You are my Pookie Poo and Daddy’s Doodlebug!!  We love you!

1 comment:

  1. so sweet, Amy. Macy is such a sweetie and I know what a blessing and gift she is to you :)

    ReplyDelete