2017

2017

Friday, July 6, 2012

Macy Update


Macy girl is just as spunky and feisty as ever! I love the conversations I have with her and seeing her learn and process new things every day.  She has been so precious lately; running over and giving Mommy hugs for no apparent reason, saying "I want you/I love you"!, taking care of Eden, giving friends hugs, praying sweet prayers, "winking", saying Thank You without being prompted and giving lots of kisses.

We bought a Mickey shirt in Disney World and she asks to wear it every day!  If not her Mickey shirt, she will request a dress.  She is all girl! She loves wearing dresses and skirts so she can twirl around in them.  She also loves putting on make-up (pretend!), painting her nails, and she has a whole bag of lip gloss.

In size 24 months or 2T (weighs about 26 pounds and about 35 inches tall) and wearing between a 5 and 6 shoe.  I feel like her feet have stopped growing as quickly and she's been able to wear size 5 for a while now.

She's still a good eater, but her appetite has dipped slightly.  She doesn't seem to eat quite as much at each sitting.

She still says her favorite princess is Sleeping Beauty and she went crazy over these Sleeping Beauty pj's I found at Old Navy...



She is starting to look so grown up to me!

She is so sweet and gentle with Great Nana and she loves going to her apartment.  She loves on her and gives lots of hugs and kisses when it's time to go...

She tries on anything that belongs to Mommy, especially sunglasses and shoes...



Nana gave Macy some lipstick and she LOVED this...

A little cereal while Mommy packed for Disney...

One of the benefits of Macy being so busy and active is that she's always ready for her afternoon nap.  She still sleeps in the afternoons from 1:30-4:30/5.  At night, we've started putting Eden down first and letting Macy stay up until closer to 8:45/9.  Then she sleeps until 7:30/8.

Daddy had a late softball game last Monday night and Macy stayed up with Mommy and waited on him to get home...

Macy also enjoys singing and makes up her own songs now.  She learns songs quickly too!  We are also working on Scripture memory and I'm amazed at the verses she's been able to learn.  One of my favorite ones is "On my bed I remember You; I think of You through the watches of the night." This was in her devotion book and when you ask her who wrote it she says "David".  "Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right." was the first verse she learned (for good reasons!) and she will still say it.  We've also really been working on "Treat others the way I want to be treated" and she will repeat this after us when we've had an issue with Eden or another friend.  Sometimes she will pray very original prayers but lately her usual has been "Thank you God for my family, for all my cousins, for Eden to feel better. Amen"

Lately, she's become a little bossy and always has a plan for Eden or one of her friends to follow.  She will even say to Eden: "You want to play chase with me?  (pause) Say yes."  One of my favorite things is how she comes up with nicknames for Eden.  One day she just decided to start calling her Dumbo.  We have the movie and I know she doesn't mean anything by it but it cracks me up when we are in public and she shouts, "Come here, Eden Dumbo.  That's a good Dumbo".  The newest one is "E-bee" and I think it's so cute.  It's like she combined Eden and Baby.  She really is a great big sister and genuinely cares for Eden.  She has no idea the fun that's in store when Eden gets a little bigger!!

She's pretty big on Mommy right now and will sometimes give Daddy a hard time.  But when Daddy's not here, she talks about him constantly.  And lately, instead of just saying "Daddy", she's been saying "Where's MY Daddy?"  "I want to show MY Daddy my dress".  Pretty sweet...

Macy girl, you are just getting too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment