2017

2017

Monday, December 23, 2013

A FaceTime Christmas


Well, my brother and his family headed back home yesterday after celebrating Christmas at my parents all weekend.  And we didn't even get to see them:(  Macy got a negative flu test on Thursday but was having symptoms; Josh got a positive flu test Friday morning; and Eden got a positive flu test Saturday afternoon.  So, needless to say, we were quarantined at home all weekend and missed out on Christmas with my family:(  The girls and I had flu shots, but Josh didn't.  I had some fever and fought it off as well, but thankfully, Tamiflu has us pretty much back to normal.

We are also thankful for technology!  Since we were missing out on Christmas, we exchanged our gifts and then FaceTimed with my brother to watch my nephews open their gifts...

The girls got new jewelry boxes from Uncle Aaron and Aunt Kristyn!  They were so excited...

















When Eden woke up Saturday morning with fever, we knew we were in for the long haul.  We were praying she would be the only one spared!  My parents decided to drop off our "family gift" to help us out with the cabin fever.  We opened it using FaceTime as well so they could see the girls.  It was a Wii!  It really did save us and provide some much needed entertainment.











It hit her so fast and she was just miserable Saturday night :(


As of this morning, Eden has been fever free for over 24 hours and Josh and I feel pretty much normal.  We are in sanitizing and disinfecting mode; lots of lysol, clorox wipes and bleaching toys.

I was so bummed to miss out on Christmas with my crew:(  Our time with them is precious and I hated we missed seeing them.  Hopefully we can see them again soon.

Thankful we seem to be on the mend!


No comments:

Post a Comment