2017

2017

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Macy-isms


Macy girl has us rolling on the floor laughing multiple times a day.  That kid says the funniest stuff!  Every now and then I try to write some of them down just to remember the things that she comes up with.  I can't even remember a time when this child didn't talk...

  • Honesty has been a big learning trait lately.  For example, when we hear Eden screaming and Macy has that look on her face.  Well, the other day we were outside and this incidence occurred.  Josh said "Macy, can you tell us what happened?"  And she just froze.  No confession or recount of what just went on.  Josh said "Macy, we just want you to be honest with us.  We know sometimes things happen on accident." And Macy's reply, "Yes.  And sometimes we know things happen on purpose."  There's the honesty we were looking for:)
  • One Saturday night, Josh was hanging something in his storage closet in the garage.  The closet shares a wall with Macy's bedroom so she was having a hard time going to sleep due to the noise.  So, I went in and laid with her.  She was so precious.  At one point she said, "Mommy, put your hand under my pillow.  It's cold under there!"  This cracked me up because I do the same thing!  And, as most of you know, Macy is our independent, active one.  So, I started scratching her back, trying to just savor the moment with her.  And she said, "Why you itchin' me??"  :)  Eden is by far, our touchy and affectionate one!
  • We went with Josh to Dallas for an overnight trip a few weeks ago and we were eating at an Olive Garden.  I was sitting by Macy and Josh said, "I sure would love to sit by my Macy girl."  And Macy said, "Daddy, you have to be grateful for where you're sitting."  Can you tell we've been working on having a grateful heart?!
  • This same trip, the girls were sleeping in the same room at the hotel.  At first there were lots of giggles and Mommy having to go in a few dozen times to reinforce the need for sleep.  It was a rough night.  The girls were both coughing and sick, and they kept waking each other up.  On top of that, their alarm clock in their room went off at 4AM!?  So, when they started waking up at 7 after being up several times that night, Daddy and I just laid in bed listening to them.  Eden started saying, "Puppy!  Puppy!" and Macy said, "Go back to sleep Eden.  Lexi's at home."
  • She was playing with her Magna-tiles one day and I heard her say, "Eden come here and help me build the Tower of Babel!  It's probably been almost a year since we read that story in her Storybook Bible!
  • She's convinced she is in ballet lessons with her cousin Mallory.  So the other day she told Eden, "I'm gonna teach you ballet..."
  • She told me one day at lunch, "Mommy, you gotta start drinking water."  So true...
  • She says, "This is really fun you know!"  
  • One night when we were laying her down, she said, "Mommy, I gotta tell you something."  "Ok.  What is it?"  "It's a surprise.  I'll tell you tomorrow.  (pause) But it's pink."  :)
  • After we made Daddy's cake she asked about candles.  I told her we didn't have any and she said, "That's ok Mommy.  Maybe we can get some sticks outside and stick them in there."
  • One of her favorite things to do right now is change clothes.  Multiple times a day!  It wears me out!  She will say "I got hot."  Or "Those clothes weren't comfy".  Or "I just needed to wear a pretty dress." :)
Love this girl.  She is the light of our lives for sure:)

It's never good when they're quiet...



Wore her crown to Smashburger one night...





Playing outside with Lexi



No comments:

Post a Comment