2017

2017

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Time



I had to zoom in on this picture.  This is Eden and her senior buddy, Kaylin.  They had so much fun this year reading together, having picnics, kite day, field day and so much more!  The seniors would also help anytime the kindergartners had a special occasion party.  They helped them decorate cookies and hunt eggs at Easter, deliver Valentines in February, load their plates up at the Thanksgiving feast and help with the Christmas party.  Josh and I love this about the school's model.  These upperclassmen are so willing to give of themselves to make these little ones have a memorable year.

And at graduation when they walk down the aisle together side by side, it is a sweet picture and sobering reminder of how quickly these years go by.  I LOVE these little years.  And I am well aware that although they are challenging, you don't get this time back.  I wish I could say I cherished them every minute of every day, but the Lord knows I'm human and He gives grace when the devil tries to produce guilt.  But we are trying to make sweet memories together and the gift of additional time is one of the reasons I love our school.  Because one day my girls will be the ones wearing the real cap and gown!  And I know it will come all too quickly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment