2017

2017

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Macy Update


Macy girl is 3 1/2 and loving life as usual!  She is becoming so helpful and independent and I can tell she's grown up a lot since turning 3.  She is still full of energy and a fireball any time she's awake, but we tend to worry that she's not feeling well when she's not:)  It's just who she is!

She's about 29 pounds and wearing 3T clothes and size 6 shoes.  Her feet are still so tiny that I think Eden, who can wear a 4 or 5, is about to catch her!  She is sleeping until 8:00ish and still taking a nap.  Some days she fights it a bit, but once she gives it up, she will sleep for 2-3 hours.

She continues to be a great big sister and is super excited about the new baby.  She told the sonographer at the sonogram, "Thank you for my baby!" She's constantly saying, "When the new baby comes, I will help feed her (or bathe her, or hold her, etc.!)"  I can't wait to watch her take ownership of this big sister role since she was still so little when Eden was born.  Some of her name suggestions have been Stella, Ella or Gracie.

Her favorite show is still Doc Mcstuffins and in honor of the show, she hung one of her butterflies on her bedroom door and will turn it as she walks in saying "The Doc is in!" just like Doc does at the clinic.  I thought it was pretty clever:)

In addition to Doc, she loves her Berestain Bears movies and books. 

One day I asked her where she was and what she was doing to which she responded, "I'm stickering" :)  Stickers can really hold her attention for a while.

She continues to do great in big church and I've been very proud of her!

She's still super observant and doesn't miss a thing.  Just the other day we were eating lunch at Rudy's and she asked her daddy why they never finished the roof (exposed beams).

She loves anything Hello Kitty, Princess and we are still struggling with our realization that not everything can be pink.  Sometimes I will have her repeat that phrase just like an addict: Not everything can be pink!  I think it's funny how you don't even have to push the princess stuff on them, it's something they are naturally drawn to.  She still changes into dress-up clothes immediately after breakfast and can go through a dozen outfits a day.  Thankful she knows how to dress herself but we really need to work on how to use a hanger:)

In full princess mode, if anyone tells her "thank you" or "great job" she will curtsey instead of saying "You're welcome".  She even told Eden the other day after they finished singing a song together, "No Eden. You don't clap; you bow!"

We can definitely be a little dramatic and she has recently coined the phrase "It's ruined!" This can be used for a number of different things: a drop of yogurt falls on her clothes, Eden knocks her blocks down, a coloring page tears, etc.

As far as discipline goes, turning 3 has brought a whole new set of challenges.  Mainly, our words!  And the occasional sassiness/attitude.  Macy is still extremely strong-willed which can be exhausting for this mama.  We try so hard to be consistent but there are definitely days when I am drained from dealing with the same issues!  Honestly though, I see a tenderness in Macy that I am praying the Lord would grow because I really feel she has a leader personality.  I want that to be coupled with compassion.  We are thankful for her strong spirit and know that it can be a positive thing for her (later though, much later:)

She can memorize songs so quickly and I am really enjoying hearing her sing in the car or around the house.  We have about three CD's rotating in the car and she literally knows every song on every one.  Hymns for Children, Gospel Songs and Wee-Sing.  There's one that says, "Every time I feel the Spirit moving in my heart, I will praise!"  She really gets into that one!

We are looking into starting dance in the fall and I know she will love it!

Sweet Macy Caroline, what a treasure you are!  Can't believe 4 is just around the corner!




 

I asked her to go to her bathroom so I could fix her hair to which she responded, "I already fixed my hair!"
 

We LOVE painting our nails!





New ring from Chuck E. Cheese
"Mommy, what finger do you wear your ring on?"


Love you Pookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment